The Great Lakes MHTTC offers this training for behavioral healthcare professionals in HHS Region 5: IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI. This training is offered in response to a need identified by stakeholders in our region.
The NIATx Virtual Change Leader Academy is the web-based version of the popular NIATx Change Leader Academy (CLA). The CLA has given thousands of behavioral health organizations the tools to make real changes that improve their systems of care. This interactive, expert-led program includes four weekly 90-minute learning sessions. An optional follow-up series consists of four monthly individual and group coaching sessions. This training is offered at no cost and is supported by funding from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Participants in the virtual CLA will learn:
- The NIATx principles and how they motivate positive change
- How to build a change team and integrate NIATx principles at the organizational level
- How to conduct a change project to improve a specific process within their organization
- Participate in all four weekly 90-minute learning sessions and earn 5.5. NAADAC CEUs
- Participate in four optional monthly individual and group coaching sessions. Complete a change project form, a change project, and submit a project survey, and you will earn an additional 3.5. CEUs and a NIATx Change Leader Certificate.
Mat Roosa was a founding member of NIATx and has been a NIATx coach for a wide range of projects. He works as a consultant in the areas of quality improvement, organizational development, and planning, evidence-based practice implementation. His experience includes direct clinical practice in mental health and substance use services, teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and human service agency administration.