Health Information Technology Extension Program for Wisconsin Medicaid Providers
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services has funded a grant to help expand the use of health information technology to Medicaid providers in behavioral health clinics across the state. MetaStar Inc., a quality improvement organization based in Madison will manage the work.
The Health Information (IT) Extension program for Wisconsin Medicaid providers has a team of local professionals with extensive health IT field experience offering technical assistance with no fee to eligible behavioral health clinics. As a vendor neutral advisor, the MetaStar team is able to help eligible organizations acheive the highest quality of care through increased patient engagement and cost savings using current or new technology tools.
Examples of customized services include:
- Assess clinic's current use of technology
- Identify opportunities to optimize workflow design to reduce staff burden and increase safety
- Assist with Certified Electronic Health Record (CEHRT) selection process as agencies obtain or change EHRs
- Provide electronic patient engagement and e-prescribing strategies
- Support quality improvement using EHR data
- Offer education on the latest technology for telehealth
- Advise on Health Information Exchange between care settings
- Conduct a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Risk Assessment (SRA)
- Facilitate networking and learning collaboratives with other behavioral health organizations throughout Wisconsin
- Share up-to-date resources in a variety of formats (written materials, webinars, podcasts, and videos).
For more information about this opportunity, please contact: