General Behavioral Health Training & Technical Assistance
Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care
Serious Mental Illness
School Mental Health
The Mid-America MHTTC serves the four states of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri (Region 7) with a focus on Federally-Qualified Community Health Centers, schools, and mental health training programs.
Funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) the Mid-America MHTTC received a 5-year grant of $3.7 million, awarded to the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska (BHECN) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Across the four-state region of Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas, the Mid-America MHTTC will serve to align mental health systems and professional competencies with evidence-based mental health practices by providing free training and technical assistance on a variety of topics germane to effective mental health practice. Types of training and technical assistance may include needs assessments, webinars, workshops, intensive training, technical assistance, program evaluation, and others.
Our overall goal is to assist mental health programs and providers to establish ongoing programs that are locally supported and sustainable over time.
Specialized Training Topics
- Integrated behavioral health in primary care
- Behavioral health workforce development
- Serious mental illness
- School mental health
- Universal: Conference presentations, newsletters, brief consultation
- Targeted: Online courses, webinar series, focused knowledge-sharing, short-term training, replication guides
- Intensive: Ongoing relationship between the TTC program and agency is provided
- Universal: Increased reach of information and tools about evidence-based practices
- Targeted: Increased motivation to use and apply specific interventions
- Intensive: Policy and program changes with the implementation of interventions by users
The MHTTC National School Mental Health Curriculum: Guidance and Best Practices for States, Districts, and Schools. Click here for more information.
Mid-America Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network
at the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska (BHECN)
984242 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198-4242
BHECN awarded $3.7 million grant
Mid-America MHTTC Introduction
PDF of powerpoint slides which explain the Mid-America Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC).
Like and Follow us to stay connected and get the latest news.
Search our Products & Resources to find tools you can use to improve services!
Search our calendar of upcoming training and events!