New England School of Addiction and Prevention Studies: Summer School
Worcester State University
486 Chandler St
Worcester, MA 01602
54th Annual New England School of Addiction and Prevention Studies, Worcester State University, MA – June 5 – 8, 2023 – Hybrid – Face-To-Face and Virtual Options for Attendance
The New England School of Addiction and Prevention Studies, commonly called Summer School, is an intensive 4-day learning experience to further knowledge, skills, and experience in the field of substance use disorder services. For over 50 years, participants from many disciplines have come together to form a unique, diverse learning community.
This year will be our first hybrid program!
During COVID-19 challenges, the Summer School offered a highly successful learning community online for three summers.
We are delighted to return to Worcester State University for a face-to-face program.
Due to the demand for intensive Summer School program online, we are happy to also offer a live virtual program.
- Select from many intensive courses from across the continuum of treatment, prevention, and recovery.
- Virtual courses will take place live by videoconference, allowing for course group work and interaction.
- In addition to courses: plenary sessions, community, and more!
- Options are available to attend the full program, or any number of days.
- Earn up to 28 Contact Hours during the week.
Courses are designed for the extensive demands of today's professionals and organizations:
- Certification, licensing, and re-credentialing;
- Evidence-based practices;
- Addressing health disparities and equity issues;
- Behavioral healthcare and primary care integration;
- Recovery oriented care across the continuum;
- Addressing the opioid crisis and other current drug trends;
- And many other current and emerging topics!
New England summer programs have been developed to respond to specific needs in our regional workforce. Participants may attend offerings specifically for treatment, prevention, or recovery support, or select courses of interest to all.
The Summer School provides wonderful combined learning opportunities for participants working in different areas of the behavioral health services continuum.
Please join us for new knowledge, skills, virtual networking and continuing education contact hours in June!
Partial New England State Scholarships are available from most New England states.
The Summer School is appropriate for all who recognize the impact of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs on individuals, families, and communities. We hope to see you either in person or virtually at this year’s Summer School!
Complete course information, registration, and scholarship nformation is being posted on this web page now. Click here to sign up for the Email List.
Please contact us with any questions at [email protected] or 207-621-2549.
This event is hosted by AdCare Educational Institute of New England. New England MHTTC is proud to be a regional workforce development partner--visit us at our exhibit table!