EPLC | Online Discussion Series - Session 7: Challenges of Developing a Psychosis-Savvy Behavioral Health Workforce Across a State
Challenges of Developing a Psychosis-Savvy Behavioral Health Workforce Across a State
Sponsored by the New England Mental Health Technology Transfer Center, this series features online meetings focused on bringing together leaders, clinicians, administrators, and constituents who are interested in working together to increase feasibility and scalability of specialized early psychosis and clinical high risk for psychosis (CHR-P) treatment across the New England region and other areas in the U.S. Guest presenters will share their experience with finding ways to pay for high quality prevention services for youth and families affected by early psychosis and/or signs of clinical high risk. This will include discussions about negotiating bundled payment structures with third-party payers, providing telemedicine, and finding creative solutions to maximize existing resources in order to provide stepped care that matches evidence-based services to individual needs and preferences.
The format of each discussion in this series includes a 30-minute presentation by an invited expert followed by 30 minutes of questions and discussion by participants. Sessions will have a limit of 50 participants in order to maximize opportunities for meaningful discussion. Participants will be encouraged to network and develop workgroups to advance initiatives that are discussed. The lineup of guest speakers for this series includes:
- 2/26/2020 - 2-3PM EST | Douglas R. Robbins, M.D., psychiatrist for Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- 3/11/2020 - 2-3PM EST | Reid Plimpton , MPH, Project Manager for Northeast Telehealth Resource Center, Medical Care Development & Terry Rabinowitz, MD, DDS, NETRC Principle Investigator Medical Director, Telemedicine, University of Vermont Medical Center
- 4/29/2020 - 2-3PM EST | Melissa Rowan, MSW, MBA, Executive Vice President for Policy Implementation, Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
- 5/6/2020 - 2-3PM EST | Ian Lang, MBA, Executive Director of the Brookline Center for Community Mental Health, Former Executive Director Continuum Behavioral Health in Rhode Island
- 6/24/2020 - 2-3PM EST | Yuhua Bao, Ph.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Departments of Healthcare Policy and Research and of Psychiatry & Lisa Dixon, MD, MPH, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons and NewYork-Presbyterian
- 8/5/2020 - 2-3PM EST | Ken Duckworth, MD, Chief Medical Officer, National Alliance on Mental Illness
- 9/30/2020 - 2-3PM EST | Margaret Guyer, PhD, Director of the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health's Early Psychosis Initiative
About our Presenter: Dr. Guyer works with MAPNET as the Director of the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health's Early Psychosis Initiative. She is responsible for the identification, evaluation, and dissemination of evidence based practices within the Department of Mental Health and among community providers. Dr. Guyer is a clinician and researcher who has worked with people with severe mental illness for more than 20 years.