Join us for this 2-hour training on efficacious holistic crisis planning for families with Oregon Family Support Network.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
"Person and Family-Centered Planning" is not just a catchy new phrase in the mental health world for families. During this webinar we will highlight the importance of family members having active participation, and an active role, in the design of their mental health crisis plan. Together we will focus on how the family and youth perspective, lived experience, and culture can guide efficacious holistic crisis planning within all 12 life domains.
- Understand mental health crisis planning from the Family Perspective.
- Distinguish crisis stabilization versus crisis planning.
- Navigate the paradigm shift from system led crisis planning to consumer led crisis planning.
- Discuss crisis planning from a holistic view and how all life domains are incorporated.
- Navigate strategies that assist in creating effective family crisis plans.
Shawna Canaga is a Family Support Specialist and the statewide Peer Delivered Services Trainer for Oregon Family Support Network (OFSN). OFSN is a family run organization that promotes mental, behavioral, and emotional wellness for families and youth through education, support, and advocacy. Shawna comes to this position with over a decade of experience supporting youth and families, and with lived experience as a mother of an adult child with complex mental health needs. Throughout both of these journeys Shawna has cultivated a passion for supporting family-driven and person-centered care within the youth and family serving systems.