Free One-Day Alaska Workshops: Effective Practices to Support Mental Health In Schools
Contact us at [email protected]
The Alaska Autism Resource Center and the Northwest Mental Health Technology Center invite educators from Alaska and their community partners to join this one-day workshop happening in Sitka, Anchorage, and Nome. There is no registration fee to attend the training. This training is intended exclusively for Alaska residents.
Please download (button above) and share the event flyer with your colleagues in Alaska!
“Mental health and wellness have profound implications for our students, their academic success,
and their overall outcomes, and we know that youth facing mental health challenges are more
likely to receive services in a school-based setting.”
- Miguel Cardona, U.S. Secretary of Education
Join us for this one-day workshop with your school or district team to learn more about:
- Anxiety, depression, and impacts of trauma.
- Crisis response and recovery related to behavioral health in small and large–scale critical incidents and disasters.
- Common mental and behavioral health symptoms, as well as underlying contributing factors that play out in a classroom setting, and effective practices and strategies to support all students within a Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- The role of School and District Leadership in implementation and strategies for school and system leaders.
- New autism research and interventions to support autistic students within an MTSS.
- Free resources from state, regional and national TA centers.
National, regional and state mental health technical assistance providers, practitioners, licensed mental health professionals, and researchers with the University of Washington School Mental Health Assessment, Research and Training Center will help you get your journey started, or enhance, implementation of effective systems, data and practices to integrate student mental health and wellness.
TRAINING LOCATIONS AND EVENT INFORMATION:
MONDAY, MAY 1ST @ 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Harrigan Centennial Hall
330 Harbor Drive, Sitka, AK 99835
THURSDAY, MAY 4TH @ 9:00AM - 3:00PM
The Lakefront Anchorage
4800 Spenard Road, Anchorage, AK 99517
SATURDAY, MAY 6TH @ 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Old St. Joseph’s Church
102 Division Street, Nome, AK 99762
INTENDED AUDIENCE: YOUR TEAM!
District administrators, principals, special educators, paraeducators, school psychologists, and related service providers (i.e., mental health provider, BCBA, social worker, OT/PT/SLP)
Contact Kendra Wolf by email, [email protected]