This webinar explores how to increase LGBTQ youth suicide awareness from the family perspective. Offered in collaboration with Oregon Family Support Network.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
In this first session of Navigating the Tough Stuff we will explore the topic of increasing LGBTQ youth suicide awareness from the family perspective. We will navigate together where families can find expert information, be aware of risk factors, increase communication around suicide, as well as identify holistic ways we can address youth suicide based on all 10 family life domain areas. Join us on July 22, 2022, for the second session, Navigating the Tough Stuff: LGBTQ Suicide Prevention for Families. Each session is 90 minutes long.
- 50 Simple Self-Care Practices for a Healthy Mind, Body, and Soul
- Awareness and Information Resources
- Fifteen Apps Parents Should Know About
- The 10 Life Domains
- Self-Care for Families and Family Members
- Suicide in America: Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Resources from Northwest MHTTC
- LGBTQIA+ Behavioral Health Resources
- Register here for Navigating the Tough Stuff: LGBTQ Suicide Prevention for Families on July 22, 2022, 10:30am-12:00pm Pacific
Shawna Canaga is a Family Support Specialist and the statewide Peer Delivered Services Trainer for Oregon Family Support Network (OFSN). OFSN is a family run organization that promotes mental, behavioral, and emotional wellness for families and youth through education, support, and advocacy. Shawna comes to this position with over a decade of experience supporting youth and families, and with lived experience as a mother of an adult child with complex mental health needs. Throughout both of these journeys Shawna has cultivated a passion for supporting family-driven and person-centered care within the youth and family serving systems.