This 90-minute webinar will discuss decision-making through a trauma-informed lens.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Life can be complicated and there may be times we feel overwhelmed by the many choices and decisions we are faced with. Sometimes it’s hard to know what direction to go and that can just add to our level of stress. Rebekah Demirel brings us Wisdom To Know The Difference viewing our decision-making through a trauma-informed lens, inviting us to explore our own personal history, psycho-neuro patterns and habitual thought processes. Through discovering roots of our thoughts and actions, applying nervous system healing techniques, we bring fresh awareness and mental health resilience to our everyday life, making it possible to build new decision-making paths towards a more stable and dependable foundation of clarity and heart, as well as the ability to carry this resilience into our practice as mental health professionals.
- Apply a trauma-informed lens to recognize personal decision-making patterns
- Cultivate self-evaluation to notice personal decision making styles and develop greater mental health resilience
- Define and apply broader perspectives how decisions are made
- 6, 1, 8 breathing instructions handout
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction by Gabor Maté, MD
- The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness and Healing in a Toxic Culture by Gabor Maté, MD
- Film by Gabor Maté, Wisdom of Trauma
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel Van Der Kolk, MD
- My Grandmother's Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies by Resmaa Menakem
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily Nagoski PhD, Amelia Nagoski, DMA
- Anchored: How to Befriend Your Nervous System Using Polyvagal Theory by Deb Dana
- Speak Peace in a World of Conflict: What You Say Next Will Change Your World by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- Alternate Nostril Breathing Pranayama
- Nothing's for Nothing: Transformation through Trauma by S. Rebekah Demirel
- We Make The Path By Walking Webinar and Podcast Series with Rebekah Demirel
- The Ethics of Caring: Honoring the Web of Life in Our Professional Healing Relationships by Kylea Taylor, Jack Kornfield
Rebekah Demirel, R.Ac., L.Ac. MPCC
Rebekah Demirel is the founder of Trauma Integration Programs, providing training and support to social services personnel, medical and education professionals, emergency services teams and corporate organizations for more than twenty years. Her background includes fourteen years as a BC Ambulance paramedic, twenty-two years as a paramedic trainer and over two decades as a registered clinical counsellor, specializing in post-traumatic stress and loss. She is a licensed East Asian medicine practitioner and acupuncturist, generating another depth of understanding to her counselling work. Rebekah’s unique skill set and experience is informed by her own traumatic childhood and teen years spent on the street and in the foster care system, giving her a special familiarity and empathy for trauma and loss. Rebekah continues to be an active volunteer and advocate for people who are unhoused, in her community and beyond.