Winter Learning Institute - January 14 - 16, 2019
Long Beach Marriott Hotel
4700 Airport Plaza Drive
Long Beach, CA 90815
JANUARY 14-16, 2020
No-Cost Intensive Learning Opportunity!
January 14–16, 2020 ~ 9:00am – 4:00pm each day
Learning Institute Overview:
The Pacific Southwest MHTTC is pleased to offer six no-cost, state-of-the-art, intensive learning sessions for the mental health workforce, including the school-based mental health workforce, of: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Northern Mariana Islands, and Palau.
Each session is a day-long learning experience, independent of other sessions. Participants are welcome to attend one full-day session or up to three full-day sessions.
Continuing Education Hours are available for professionals licensed in California.
Please register in advance to session and date. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration due by December 20, 2019.
Tuesday, January 14, 2020: 9am - 4pm
Mental Health Workforce
- Supporting Children, Staff, and Organizations at Times of Crisis and Loss
- Optimizing Mental Health Care Service Access, Delivery, and Experiences for Youth and Young Adults of Transition Age
Wednesday, January 15, 2020: 9am - 4pm
Mental Health and School Mental Health Workforce
- Supporting Children, Staff, and Schools at Times of Crisis and Loss
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership and Social Justice
Thursday, January 16, 2020: 9am - 4pm
School Mental Health Workforce
- Trauma-Informed and Culturally Relevant Suicide Prevention for Educators
- Creating School and District Systems for Employee Sustainability and Wellness
To view complete session descriptions, download the full event flyer at: http://bit.ly/mhttc-winterinstitute-flyer
Presenter biographies can be viewed online at: http://bit.ly/mhttc-winterinstitute-bios
Travel. Participants are responsible for costs and coordination of their own travel accommodations. Lodging at the federal government rate can be reserved at the Long Beach Marriott Hotel. Click here for reservations.
Airport. The closest major airports to the hotel are:
- Long Beach Airport (LBG) at .5 miles (Long Beach Marriott Hotel offers complimentary shuttle service upon request; Shuttle phone is 562-425-5210 Ext. 0)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) at 22 miles
- John Wayne Airport-Orange County (SNA) at 22 miles
Parking. Free onsite parking at the Long Beach Marriott Hotel.
Meals. Participants are responsible for their own food and beverage. No food will be provided by the host in order to comply with federal funding regulations.
Continued Education Hours for CA Professionals (Optional):
Up to 18 Hours of Continuing Education Credit are available for professionals licensed in California. Continuing education credits available for CCPS, BRNs, LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT), CCAPP, and CA Board of Registered Nurses.
C.E. Hours are offered by CARS for $25 for one day or $35 for two or more days and must be paid in advance during the online registration process. No payment will be accepted onsite. Cancellation charges depend on when the written cancellation notice is received. A full refund will be given only if more than 2 weeks’ notice is given of a cancellation, see below for refund rates.
- 2 weeks’ cancellation notice = Full refund
- Less than 14 days’ cancellation notice = No refund unless in exceptional circumstances, for which a medical certificate may be requested.
CARS is an approved provider for:
CCAPP #4N-08-923-0718, CA Board of Registered Nurses #16303, and CAMFT #131736
All participants who complete a full day are eligible for a certificate of participation per session.
Clips from our Summer Learning Institute June 2019
In June 2019, over 280 mental health and school mental health leaders from across the Pacific Southwest region gathered in Sacramento, CA, for the inaugural Pacific Southwest MHTTC Summer Learning Institute. Leading faculty offered full-day courses tailored to meet the needs of the region’s workforce. This video highlights three sessions whose combined outcomes supported shared skill building: Emotionally Intelligent & Trauma-informed Leadership in the Mental Health and School Mental Health Workforce.
View now to learn about our offerings and join us for the Winter Institute!