Trauma Informed Care Series
The South Southwest MHTTC is pleased to collaborate with the Texas Association of Community Health Centers to host a Trauma Informed Care Series: Knowledge & Strategies for Health and Hope. Join us as we empower staff with “hands-on” Trauma Informed Care knowledge and strategies to advance holistic patient-centered care.
Trauma Informed Care (TIC) is an evidence-based framework particularly suited to collaboratively identify risk factors to care, such as medication access and use, therapeutic engagement, and non-medical resource needs and navigation.
This series is open and applicable to all providers (Medical, Dental, Behavioral Health, and SUD Treatment Clinicians) and all staff (direct-care, front-line, operations, administration, and leadership).
Trauma Informed Care Series: Knowledge & Strategies for Health and Hope
These 1-hour didactic sessions will meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Session 1 (July 11th): Trauma Informed Care Foundations
- Session 2 (August 8th): Real-world Applications of Trauma Informed Care Principles: Non-Medical Drivers of Health (SDoH) and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Session 3 (September 12th): TIC and Care Coordination through Cross-Sector Collaborations
- Session 4 (October 10th): TIC and Care for Individuals with Chronic Diseases
- Session 5 (November 14th): TIC and Care for Individuals with SUD
Trauma Informed Care Series: Open Office Hours
These 1-hour TIC Open Office Hours will be held on the 4th Tuesday of the month: