Florida State Mental Health Resources
Florida State Fact Sheet: Developed by the Southeast MHTTC, this fact sheet provides an overview of the mental health services and landscape of Florida.
Mental Health Services:
- Department of Children and Families Mental Health Program Office: Responsible for planning, managing, and evaluating a statewide program of mental health services and supports, including community programs, crisis services, state residential treatment facilities, and children’s mental health services.
- Florida Department of Health - Behavioral Health: Resources for supporting mental and emotional health needs of children and families before, during, and after a disaster.
Mental Health Initiatives:
- Suicide Prevention: Works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida.
- Florida's State Opioid Response Project: Program designed to address the opioid crisis and reduce opioid-related deaths by providing a comprehensive array of evidence-based prevention, medication assisted treatment, and recovery support services.
Mental Health Associations:
- Mental Health America of East Central Florida: Strives to ensure that people with mental illnesses are provided with needed resources and are accepted into the community through increasing awareness that mental health is an integral part of overall health.
- Mental Health America of Okaloosa & Walton Counties: Educates the public, advocates for excellence and equality in treatment, and supports individuals and families living with mental health disabilities.
- Mental Health America of Southeast Florida: Promoting mental health through education, prevention, research, advocacy and empowerment in Southeast Florida.
- NAMI Florida: Improve the quality of life of individuals and their families affected by mental illness through education, support and advocacy.
- Peer Support Coalition of Florida, Inc: Advancing peer support in Florida through peer specialist workforce development, promoting full integration of peer and recovery-oriented services, and collaborating for social and systems transformation.
Public Health Resources:
- Florida Department of Health: Responsible for protecting the public health and safety of the residents and visitors of the state of Florida.