Georgia State Mental Health Resources
Georgia State Fact Sheet: Developed by the Southeast MHTTC, this fact sheet provides an overview of the mental health services and landscape of Georgia.
Mental Health Services:
- Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities: The department serves people living with mental health challenges, substance use disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities, or any combination of these. As Georgia’s public safety net, our primary responsibility is to serve people who are uninsured.
Mental Health Initiatives:
- Suicide Prevention Projects: Address the public health problem of suicide in Georgia through the Garrett Lee Smith Youth Suicide Prevention Program, the Strategic Prevention Framework, and the Mental Health Awareness Training Project.
Mental Health Associations:
- Mental health America of Georgia: Enhance the mental health wellness of Georgia through education, outreach, and advocacy.
- NAMI Georgia: To empower affiliates to create communities where all affected by mental illnesses find hope, help, and acceptance through support, education, and advocacy.
- Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network: Engaged in advocacy, education, training, and peer support services for the people of Georgia.
Public Health Resources:
- Georgia Department of Public Health: Prevent disease, injury, disability, promote health & wellness, and prepare for & respond to disasters in Georgia.