Mississippi State Mental Health Resources
Mississippi State Fact Sheet: Developed by the Southeast MHTTC, this fact sheet provides an overview of the mental health services and landscape of Mississippi.
Mental Health Services:
- Mississippi Department of Mental Health: Committed to making available a comprehensive system of services and supports to all Mississippians.
Mental Health Initiatives:
- Shatter the Silence: Renewed campaign encouraging young people throughout the state to reach out if they are experiencing thoughts of suicide.
- Think Again About Mental Health Mississippi: Partnering to raise awareness about mental health and the connection between mental and physical health.
Mental Health Associations:
- Association of Mississippi Peer Support Specialists: Offering support, advocacy and other benefit’s to Mississippi peer supporters.
- Mental Health Association of South Mississippi: Working to support and empower people who suffer from mental illness within the community.
- Mississippi Alliance to End Suicide: Peer to peer advocates proactively engaged in the fight to end suicide through the continuum of prevention, intervention and postvention.
- NAMI Mississippi: Family members, peers, behavioral health professionals and friends working to accomplish their mission through mutual support, education, advocacy and research.
Public Health Resources: