Nov 16th: Advancing Behavioral Health Equity: National CLAS Standards in Action (Webinar)
On Tuesday, November 16th, the HHS Office of Minority Health (OMH) and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) will host the Advancing Behavioral Health Equity: National CLAS Standards in Action webinar, highlighting real-world examples of behavioral health service providers using the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services and the Behavioral Health Implementation Guide (PDF).
- Miriam Delphin-Rittmon, Ph.D., Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use, HHS SAMHSA
- RADM Felicia Collins, MD, MPH, FAAP, Director, HHS OMH
- Monica S. Johnson, MA, LPC, Division Director, Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, Division of Behavioral Health
- Sudarshan Pyakurel, Executive Director, Bhutanese Community of Central Ohio
- Lilliana St. Clair, MS, LPC, Project Director, Dayspring Community Services, Preferred Family Healthcare
To register for the November 16th webinar, please click here.
The National CLAS Standards and the Behavioral Health Implementation Guide (PDF) provide real-life examples of implementation strategies for the health and behavioral healthcare community to improve the provision of services to all individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, language, socioeconomic status, and other cultural characteristics.