North Carolina State Mental Health Resources
North Carolina State Fact Sheet: Developed by the Southeast MHTTC, this fact sheet provides an overview of the mental health services and landscape of North Carolina.
Mental Health Services:
- Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services: Advancing innovative solutions that foster independence, improve health and promote well-being for all North Carolinians.
Mental Health Initiatives:
Critical Time Intervention: Intensive case management model designed to assist adults with mental illness going through critical transitions and bridging the gap between institutional living and community services.
Crisis Solutions North Carolina: Assistance in finding help for a mental health and substance use crisis throughout North Carolina.
Mental Health Associations:
- Mental Health America of Central Carolinas: Dedicated to providing help, offering hope and promoting mental wellness through advocacy, education and prevention.
- Mental Health America of Eastern Carolina: Making a difference through education, advocacy and collaboration.
- Mental Health Association in Forsyth County: Community connector, educator and resource navigator for mental health care in Forsyth County, North Carolina.
- Mental Health Association of Wayne County: Promotes, educates, and advocates for the mental health wellness of all individuals in Wayne County.
- NAMI North Carolina: Provide support, education, advocacy, and public awareness so that all affected by mental illness can build better lives.
- North Carolina Certified Peer Support Specialist Program: Provide support to individuals with mental health or substance use disorder.
Public Health Resources:
North Carolina Department of Public Health: Promote and contribute to the highest possible level of health for the people of North Carolina.