Making It Stick: A Practical Approach to Dissemination and Implementation
At a time when SAMHSA is looking to drive real change in practice, dissemination and implementation (D&I) science can help. The purpose of this three-session learning community was to build capacity of the TTCs to use D&I science in planning, technical assistance and training activities, with the goal of increasing the impact of these activities to change practice. Each 90-minute session is a mix of didactic presentations, case studies, and peer discussions.
- Define dissemination and implementation (D&I) science.
- Implementation Stages: How D&I science can help guide the development of training and TA topics, activities, formats, evaluation, etc., based on implementation stage and readiness.
- Context: How to understand the drivers and barriers (context) and readiness for implementation, and how those factors impact your decisions about level of TA.
- Strategies: Mapping out specific implementation/technical assistance strategies and adjusting to any challenges encountered.
- Evaluation: Analyze how key concepts from D&I science can assist TTCs in evaluating technical assistance and training activities.
Session Recordings and Slide Decks
- Session 1 - D&I Science: Where do we start?
- Session 2 - Roll Out: How do we decide what to do?
- Session 3 - Working Session: How do we put what we’ve learned into practice?