The MHTTC Network's RACE (Raising Awareness Commemoration Event) for Mental Health
May is Mental Health Awareness Month!
Millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental illness. That is why in May, hundreds of organizations across the country are raising awareness about mental health. The SAMHSA-funded national MHTTC Network provides free resources and technical assistance on mental health promotion, treatment, and recovery.
Join our RACE to learn:
- How to access free training and technical assistance (TTA), and readily available products and resources
- About prime examples of TTA and resources that promote mental health awareness and literacy
In this 60-minute session, attendees will participate in a breakout room of their choice from one of the topics listed below.
- Mental Health Awareness and Literacy
- Learn about: the Mid-America MHTTC's free online course package, New Employees in Mental Health Services - A Training Series and the Central East MHTTC's Anti-Stigma Toolkit.
- Culturally Responsive and Equitable Practices
- Hear from the Chair and Co-Chair of our MHTTC Building Health Equity and Cultural Responsiveness Working Group on how our Network develops and adapts resources to support and enhance awareness, knowledge, and ability to address cultural and linguistic capacity in the mental health workforce.
- School Mental Health
- Learn about the free 3-part training package Classroom WISE, and hear from the Northwest MHTTC on their dissemination and implementation efforts of Classroom WISE.
In each breakout room, presenters will provide case examples of specific training and resources developed by our Network in addition to a 10-minute Q&A segment for attendees to engage with speakers and to take part in sharing information.