Take the lead and impact your community!
This year-long program offers a unique opportunity for mental health, behavioral health, substance use providers, or helping professionals to explore their unique skills and leadership potential through trainings, an individual project, and mentor support.
The program provides:
• Development of knowledge and expertise in the behavioral health field
• Interactive seminars, distance learning, webinars and project work
• Learning opportunities through interaction and supervision between mentors and mentees
• Supervising community-based participatory initiatives
• Networking with other mentors
Tentative schedule for 2020-2021:
Immersion Training - Meskwaki Casino Hotel, Tama, IA
Enhancement Session - Santa Ana Pueblo, NM
Graduation - Location TBA
How to apply:
Click on either of the links below to complete the online versions of the applications:
- If you are applying to be a mentee, click here: ONLINE MENTEE APPLICATION
(Seeking to develop leadership skills and advance your career in behavioral health)
*Having strong leadership in behavioral health is important to handle the challenges we face, especially during this unexpected time for all of us. To support the recruitment of new leaders in Native communities, the fee for mentee participation has been reduced to $500. This fee contributes to travel and lodging costs.
- If you are applying to be a mentor, click here: ONLINE MENTOR APPLICATION
(Has extensive experience working in behavioral health in Native communities)
PDF applications can be downloaded here:
This year's recruiting period has commenced, please see the contact info below for more information.
Questions? Please contact:
Monica Dreyer Rossi, Cand. Polit.
Program Manager, National American Indian & Alaska Native Leadership Academy
Sean Bear, BA, CADC, Meskwaki