ISF West Coast Party: Secondary Traumatic Stress and BIPOC Educator Well-Being with Dr. Steve Hydon and Oriana Ides and Guests
Please note: These events will be limited to 500 attendees. Access to the live event will be available to registered participants on a first come, first serve basis. To secure a spot, we invite you to log on 5 - 10 minutes prior to the event.
About the Webinar:
Committing to equity means committing to disrupting harm interpersonally and institutionally. This session centers the experience and wellness needs of BIPOC Educators and highlights the connection between radical self-care, cultural humility, collective and systemic care and secondary traumatic stress intervention in our school systems.
- Participants will be able to define what Secondary Traumatic Stress looks, feels and sounds like in schools as well as identify common symptoms and risk factors unique to BIPOC educators.
- Participants will explore the ways in which Secondary Traumatic Stress impacts BIPOC educators across life domains.
- Participants will be able to identify personal, organizational and communal protective factors to improve institutional safety and wellness for BIPOC school staff.
- Participants will locate collective wisdom and cultural strengths within BIPOC educators when navigating spaces of crisis/traumatic systems.
Learn more about our presenters and access all presentation materials & recordings here.
About the Series:
The Northwest MHTTC and the Pacific Southwest MHTTC are continuing our partnership to provide and extend deeper technical assistance on the Interconnected Systems Framework (ISF). This year, we are offering programming to deepen your ISF work and contextualize ISF to this moment of COVID-19 and beyond.
Interconnected Systems Framework (ISF) is a structure and process that maximizes effectiveness and efficiency by blending the strengths of school and community mental health with strengths of the multi-tiered framework of PBIS (Barrett, Eber, Weist, 2013).
This webinar is part of our ISF West Coast Party Webinars: Enhancing MTSS - Integrating Student Mental Health and Wellness Through Systems, Data, and Practices. This series consists of four modules and ends with a town hall for you to be able to ask faculty your questions and resource one another. Each module includes teaching from Susan Barrett and field leaders on ISF systems and USC faculty on ISF practices.
Mental Health is Everyone’s Job. Come learn how the Interconnected Systems Framework approach supports students, staff and families.
You can register for multiple events using the registration button above. You are welcome to attend as much or little as desired, though we do recommend attending the systems sessions (in blue) before the practices sessions (in green).
Module 1: ISF in Virtual Conditions
- 10/20/20 - ISF Systems in Virtual Conditions w/Susan Barrett
- 10/22/20 - Secondary Traumatic Stress and Educator Well Being w/Steve Hydon
Module 2: ISF + Trauma Informed Approaches
- 10/27/20 - ISF Systems & Trauma-Informed Approaches w/Susan Barrett
- 11/5/20 - Virtual Adaptations of Psychological First Aid w/Marleen Wong
- 11/17/20 - Virtual Adaptations of Trauma Informed Skills for Educators w/Pamela Vona & Vivien Villaverde
Module 3: ISF + Tiers 2 & 3
- 12/1/20 - ISF Systems and Tiers 2 & 3 w/Susan Barrett
- 12/3/20 - Virtual adaptations of SSET/Bounce Back w/ Pamela Vona & Vivien Villaverde
Module 4: ISF & Equity
- 1/12/21 - Secondary Traumatic Stress & BIPOC Educator Well Being w/Steve Hydon & Guests - RESCHEDULED TO 2/25/21
- 1/19/21 - ISF Systems & Equity w/Susan Barrett
- 1/21/21 - Racial Violence and Trauma and Schools w/USC faculty & Guests
ISF West Coast Town Hall
- 1/26/21 - ISF systems & practices in this moment with Susan Barrett & USC Faculty
*Our events are open to the public and attendees from any region. Due to limited capacity, however, we kindly ask that if you are not from Region 9 (AZ, CA, HI, NV, and U.S. Pacific Islands of American Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau) or Region 10 (AK, ID, OR, WA) to please consider waiting to register or not attending live and watching the recording in order to prioritize space for our Region 10 participants. We have an amazing team that will post a link to the recording within a week of event.