We honor International Overdose Awareness Day with this 60-minute webinar on opioid overdose awareness and prevention.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
International Overdose Awareness Day is observed annually on August 31st. This day is an opportunity for us to talk about and prevent overdose in our community. Knowing the real facts about drugs and what to do when you see someone experiencing an overdose saves lives. Presenter Alison Newman, MPH, will address overdose prevention in our region and beyond and describe how to best utilize the websites StopOverdose.org and LearnAboutTreatment.org. She will cover:
- Trends in overdose prevention, naloxone, other harm reduction strategies
- Overview of stopoverdose.org, including:
- Methamphetamine “overdose”/overamping
- How to talk to young people about overdose
- Overdose prevention resources for professionals, including library staff, pharmacists, and
- Resources outside of Washington State for overdose prevention and response, including national resources
Alison Newman, MPH
Since joining Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute (ADAI) at the University of Washington in 2017, Alison Newman, MPH, has provided training and education on overdose, opioids, and worked on the websites StopOverdose.org and LearnAboutTreatment.org. She specializes in health education and healthcare access around drug use and health.