Healing School Communities in the Context of Racial Violence: Where do we go from here?
About the Learning Series:
Healing School Communities in the Context of Racial Violence: Where do we go from here? is a two-part learning series intended for students, families, educators and school mental health professionals who are navigating the ongoing impact of racial violence in all forms on student mental health. Each 1.5 hour learning session featured a moderator who engaged advocates, leaders and the school mental health workforce in a conversation that focuses on:
- Navigating discussions which are grounded in advancing racial equity and inclusion both in and out of school;
- Elevating strategies for communicating and engaging in the ongoing work to support the mental health of students and school mental health professionals which are grounded in community wisdom and build upon protective factors, both in and out of school;
- Developing spaces which engender opportunities for the field to improve its commitment to fostering a workforce ready, able and willing to hold racial violence as a mental health issue in a way that is founded in community strengths and wisdom while supporting and building protective factors.
Learn about our speakers and access the recordings for each learning session below. Certificates of completion were made available to viewers of 50% (45 minutes) or more of each live webinar. CEUs are not available for these sessions. If you do not receive a certificate of completion by March 18, 2021, please email Ricardo Canelo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, February 25, 2021 | Watch the recording and download the slides here.
Thursday, March 4, 2021 | Watch the recording and download the slides here.
Access resources from last summer's forum:
- Session 1: Learning From and With Students, Caregivers, Advocates and Systems Leaders | Friday, July 31, 2020 | Watch the recording and download the slides here.
- Session 2: Learning From and With the School Mental Health Workforce (School Counselors, Psychologists, and Teacher Educators) | Friday, August 7, 2020 | Watch the recording and download the slides here.
Feedback from Participants:
Questions? Please email Ricardo Canelo at email@example.com