November is Native American Heritage Month
The month of November is a time to celebrate the rich cultures, histories, and traditions of Native people. We commemorate this month by focusing on remembering the past and raising awareness of the customs and struggles of Native people through their history. The MHTTC joins other national organizations to raise awareness on this topic and to educate others.
Below, we share resources from our Network that address the culture, resilience, and history of Native people and their communities.
Additionally, our National American Indian and Alaska Native MHTTC will be hosting a variety of events and projects. To view the comprehensive list of their latest news and offerings, please click here.
MHTTC Upcoming Events
10-11 PT | 12-1 CT | 1-2 ET
- A Native Youth Round Table – Adverse Childhood Experiences and Paths to Resiliency
- About the Native Center for Behavioral Health
- American Indian & Alaska Native Health Promotion Program
- An American Indian in the Classroom: Culturally and Identity Safe School for Native Youth
- An American Indian in the Classroom: Overcoming Trauma in Education for Native Youth
- Being Brave: Grounding Ourselves in Our Ancestors' Resilience
- Bridging our Past, Present and Future - A Native Youth Round Table
- Culture as Prevention: Cultivating Health and Wellness in K-12 Lives Daily
- Cultural Elements of Native Mental Health with a Focus on Rural Issues
- Hope and Resilience of American Indian/Alaska Native Youth
- Impact of Western World View on Indigenous Behavioral Health
- Introduction to Reclaiming Native Psychological Brilliance
- Mental Health Resources for Native & Indigenous Peoples
- Native help-declining and Native help-seeking
- Native LGBTQ+/Two Spirit Youth Bullying
- Native Trauma Layers and Post-Traumatic Growth
- Nurturing Psychological Brilliance and Resilience in Native Youth
- Pocket guide: Spirit of Communication - Motivational Interviewing in Native American Communities
- Qualitative Needs Assessments of Urban Indian Health Programs and Behavioral Health Providers Serving AI/AN Populations Pre- & Mid-COVID-19
- Sacred Trust: Assessment and Diagnosis Through Indigenous Lens
- Summer Across Indian Country with Native Youth and Their Families
To view all our upcoming events, visit our training and events calendar. Additionally, find a searchable list of products and resources from our Network by visiting our products and resources catalog.