Telehealth Learning & Consultation Tuesdays
Telehealth Learning and Consultation (TLC) Tuesdays is a weekly online series for providers who are unfamiliar with telehealth. Our Technology Transfer Center (TTC) Network specialists devote the first segment of each hour-long session to a specific topic, then address questions submitted by TTC Tuesday registrants. Recordings of the presentations as well as additional resources are posted on this page.
Certificates of completion are available.
Dates and Topics
- March 31: Telehealth Basics
- April 7: Telehealth Billing
- April 14: Telehealth Tools
- April 21: Telehealth with Children and Adolescents
- April 28: Telehealth Troubleshooting
Telehealth with Children and Adolescents (Week 4)
April 21, 2020
Mindy Chadwell, Ph.D., LP, BCBA; Erika Franta, Ph.D., LP; Jennifer Cox, LSW; and JK Costello, MD, MPH, discuss their experience working with children and adolescents via telehealth.
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center TRIAD Resources - Free Resources for Autism Assessment and Care amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- UC Davis Children's Hospital - PCIT Telehealth Resources
- Child Mind Institute - COVID-19: Supporting Teens
- GAIN - Guidance, Scripts, Strategies, & Resources for Supporting Students and Educators During COVID-19
Telehealth Tools (Week 3)
April 14, 2020
Shane Hudson, president and CEO of CKF Addiction Treatment, Dulcinea Rakestraw, BSW, MPH, and consultant JK Costello, M.D., lend their expertise in utilizing various online tools in their telehealth practice.
- Legal Action Center - Fundamentals of 42 CFR Part 2
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) - Disclosure of Substance Use Disorder Patient Records: Does Part 2 Apply to Me?
- e-CFR.gov - Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Telehealth Billing (Week 2)
April 7, 2020
Dr. Holly Roberts of the Mid-America MHTTC and the Munroe-Meyer Institute (MMI) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Dr. William Higgins of MMI, and consultant Dr. JK Costello shared their expertise on billing for telehealth services.
- America's Health Insurance Plan - Information on Insurance Company Response to COVID-19 A-Z
- Center for Connected Health Policy - Billing for Telehealth Encounters: An Introductory Guide on Fee-for-Service
- Center for Connected Health Policy - 50 State Telehealth Laws and Reimbursement Policies
- U.S. Department of Education - Joint Guidance on the Application of FERPA and HIPAA to Student Health Records
Telehealth Basics (Week 1)
March 31, 2020
Dr. Holly Roberts of the Mid-America MHTTC and the Munroe-Meyer Institute (MMI) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Dr. William Higgins of MMI, and consultant Dr. JK Costello share their expertise on the fundamentals of telehealth.
- Dr. Holly Roberts (Mid-America MHTTC) - List of Telehealth Resources
- Great Plains Telehealth Resource & Assistance Center (GPTRAC) - Checklist for Initiating Telehealth Services
- Operation PAR Inc. - Telehealth Checklist
- Operation PAR Inc. - Working From Home Safety Checklist
- Center for Connected Health Policy (CCHP)
- The American Telemedicine Association (ATA)
Additional Telehealth Resources
- TLC Tuesdays FAQ - This document contains all of the frequently asked questions from past TLC Tuesdays sessions. Week-specific FAQ documents are posted below along with each webinar. Please allow us a few days to update the FAQ documents each week.
- Telehealth Interactive Quick-guide - This interactive handout produced by the Mountain Plains MHTTC provides an overview of getting started with telehealth.
- Download the TLC Tuesdays Flyer - This flyer provides an overview of the Telehealth Learning and Consultation (TLC) Tuesdays series.