This is the third session for Healing School Communities: Shifting the Dominant Paradigm to Center Student Wellness, a Community of Practice intended for students, families, educators and school mental health professionals who are navigating the ongoing impact of racial violence in all forms on student mental health. This Community of Practice session also offers opportunities for participants to:
- Name and examine the organizational structures that lead to Racial Violence within School Communities.
- Explore the various mental health implications of racial violence on school ecosystems.
- Identify and elevate community strengths, wisdom and voice as effective strategies for healing and place them at the center in supporting mental health.
- Become familiar with resources and tools to address the detrimental effects of racial violence in schools, that further build protective factors, power and agency.
Download the slides for this presentation here.
NOTE: This session is part of a Community of Practice running from February 8, 2022 to March 22, 2022. For more information about the other sessions in this Community of Practice, please click here.
- Central East MHTTC - Reimagining Wellness: Preventing Suicide Among Black Boys
- Central East MHTTC - Saving Young Black Lives: Reversing Suicide Trends
- Racial Equity and Cultural Diversity Resource Collection
- Responding to COVID-19 - Mental Health Disparities
- Responding to COVID-19 - School Mental Health
- Cultivating Sacred Spaces: A Racial Affinity Group Approach to Support Critical Educators of Color
- Healing Centered Engagement - Shawn Ginwright
- Researching as Healing
- Storytelling as Resistance
- The Algebra Project
- The Pedagogy of Mind Body Wholeness: Leading Equity Podcast
Jerica Coffey teaches English and Ethnic Studies at Coliseum College Prep in East Oakland and is working to grow the next generation of critically conscious educators through City College of San Francisco's Teacher Preparation Program.
Questions? Please email Ricardo Canelo at [email protected]