Mental Health Awareness Month- May 2023
Millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental illness. That is why in May, hundreds of organizations across the country raise awareness about mental health. The SAMHSA-funded national MHTTC Network provides free resources and technical assistance on mental health promotion, treatment, and recovery.
In this webinar participants learned about:
- How to access free training and technical assistance (TTA), and readily available products and resources from the MHTTC Network
- Prime examples of TTA and resources from the Network that promote mental health awareness and literacy
In the live 60-minute session, attendees participated in a breakout room of their choice from one of the topics listed below.
- Mental Health Awareness and Literacy
- Includes an overview of the Mid-America MHTTC's free online course package, New Employees in Mental Health Services - A Training Series and the Central East MHTTC's Anti-Stigma Toolkit.
- Culturally Responsive and Equitable Practices
- Includes a presentation from the Chair and Co-Chair of the MHTTC's Building Health Equity and Cultural Responsiveness Working Group on how the Network develops and adapts resources to support and enhance awareness, knowledge, and ability to address cultural and linguistic capacity in the mental health workforce.
- School Mental Health
- Includes an overview of the free 3-part training package Classroom WISE, and a presentation from the Northwest MHTTC on their dissemination and implementation efforts of Classroom WISE.
Download the slides here or by clicking the green "download" button above.
Find the Center that serves your area HERE!
SUBSCRIBE to the MHTTC Network's mailing list to stay up to date on all upcoming news and free resources!