NWPBIS Conference 2021: Centering Students and Supporting Educators
The NWPBIS Network brings you a quality day of webinars with content around adapting systems to respond to the current and changing school environments. This event is sponsored in part by the school mental health supplement to the Northwest MHTTC.
About the Event:
The Annual NWPBIS Network Conference is the largest gathering of educators, researchers, thought leaders, community partners, and practitioners in the field of Schoolwide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (SWPBIS) in the Pacific Northwest. .
Join us and learn from some of the country's most influential researchers, educators, and community partners that call the Pacific Northwest home. Together, our positive influence can be resounding!
- Wednesday and Thursday choose from four (4) sessions in each time slot: 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, and 1:30 pm PST
- Friday choose from four (4) different sessions in each time slot: 10:30 am and 12:00 pm PST
- Friday afternoon, you have the option of registering for an additional workshop ($25 additional registration fee)
Relevant topics, expert presenters, and access to over 30 sessions on our virtual platform. Join us in February to re-energize your school year. Attend the live sessions that work best for YOUR schedule the days of the conference. Then, sit back and relax knowing you can tune into the recordings from an amazing line up of experts any time you want!
- Hear from Dr. Naomi Brahim on Aligning Initiatives with Students at the Center
- Gain insights and strategies on Leadership strategies for a successful launch of PBIS from AWSP’s Kurt Hatch
- Walk away with strategies from Dr. Valencia Church-Williams on How to Provide Parental Support and Advocacy for Marginalized Communities (and keep your job!)
- Join Dr. Laura Riffle for a session on Reinforcement
- Elevate your knowledge on Universal Screening with Kelcey Schmitz from the UW SMART Center
- Listen to the Midwest PBIS team discuss Wraparound and Small Group Interventions
- Catch a brief session or workshop on Check In Check Out (CICO) by Dr. Billie Jo Rodriguez
Educator clock hours available, BCBA CEUs Provided by Nevada PBS, Clock hours for WA and OR educators. Clock hours will be offered through the NWPBIS Network. Each session earns 1.5 hours.
Wednesday & Thursday sessions subjects include:
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
- Data & Evaluation
- Early Childhood
- Mental Health
Friday session subjects include:
- Check In Check Out (CICO)
- interconnected Systems Framework (ISF)
- Early Childhood PBIS
- RP in MTSS/PBIS
- PBIS in the classroom
(Check out the event schedule for a complete listing of topics and regional expertise)
If you have questions about the conference contact NWPBIS at [email protected]
Want more information and school mental health resources? Visit the Northwest MHTTC's School Mental Health page and sign up for our monthly newsletter for regular updates about events, trainings, and resources available to the Northwest region.