Recovery from SMI has been studied and documented by researchers, practitioners, and individuals with lived experience around the world and across time. Recovery is real. Recovery can be supported by practices and services that encourage participant engagement, community inclusion, valued social roles, and overall wellness. This webinar introduces recovery from SMI and many of the evidence-based and promising practices that support recovery. This session focuses on recovery in the Hispanic and Latinx community.
- Review the terminology used to describe the Hispanic and Latinx demographic
- Identify the cultural aspects that may affect mental health in the Latinx community
- Discuss the impact of culture, gender roles, religion/spirituality, and acculturation in the recovery process
- Identify strategies to make counseling culturally sensitive
- Identify interventions that are considered best practices for counseling