ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
Using medication to support recovery is more than learning to swallow pills on schedule. In this webinar, Pat Deegan presents 8 challenges on the journey to use medications optimally to support recovery. She also teaches practical strategies for supporting folks on this journey. Learn more about the webinar series here.
- Presentation slides
- Handouts for Part 1 and Part 2:
- Meds and My Health; en español Los medicamentos y mi salud
- My Concerns about Meds; en español Mis preocupaciones sobre los medicamentos
- My Personal Medicine; en español Mi Personal Medicine
- Finding Personal Motivation to Use Psych Meds; en español Encontrar la motivación personal para utilizar la medicina psiquiátrica
- My Side Effect Plan; en español Mi plan para efectos secundarios
- How I Will Know Medicine is Helping Me: Mood Stabilizing Meds; en español Cómo sabré que la medicina me está ayudando: medicamentos estabilizadores del estado de ánimo
- How I Will Know Medicine is Helping Me: Antipsychotic Meds; en español Cómo sabré que la medicina me está ayudando: medicamentos antipsicóticos
- How I Will Know Medicine is Helping Me: Antidepressant Meds; en español Cómo sabré que la medicina me está ayudando: medicamentos antidepresivos
- How I Will Know Medicine is Helping Me: Anti-Anxiety Meds; en español Cómo sabré que la medicina me está ayudando: medicamentos contra la ansiedad
Patricia E. Deegan, PhD
Patricia "Pat" Deegan's mission is to help activate and empower mental health services users in their own recovery and to provide peer supporters and clinicians with the know-how to support people in their recovery journey. She is uniquely positioned to fulfill her vocation because she was diagnosed with schizophrenia as a teenager, went on to get her doctorate in clinical psychology and today leads a company run by and for people in recovery. She is a thought-leader in the field of mental health recovery, has numerous peer-reviewed publications, has held a number of academic appointments, and has carried a message of hope for recovery to audiences around the world. In addition to her work on the CommonGround Program, she consults with OnTrackNY and has helped the team at the Center for Practice Innovations develop an innovative model for engaging young people under the NIMH RAISE Study. The model is now being adopted nationally.