South Carolina State Mental Health Resources
South Carolina State Fact Sheet: Developed by the Southeast MHTTC, this fact sheet provides an overview of the mental health services and landscape of South Carolina.
Mental Health Services:
- South Carolina Department of Mental Health: Support the recovery of people with mental illnesses in South Carolina.
Mental Health Initiatives:
- Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness: Providing community-based services to individuals with serious mental illnesses or co-occurring serious mental illnesses and substance use disorders who are experiencing homelessness in South Carolina.
- Suicide Prevention: Unified effort by the South Carolina Suicide Prevention Coalition to implement a suicide prevention plan, offer aftercare planning and support, provide training, and raise awareness of resources.
Mental Health Associations:
- Mental Health America of South Carolina: Advocate for, educate, and serve those suffering from mental illness by providing evidence-based programs that can improve their quality of life and speed their recovery.
- NAMI South Carolina: Improve the quality of life for individuals who live with mental illnesses and for their families by promoting the availability of effective services and resources, through education, support and advocacy.
- SC Share: Offering hope, support and advocacy to others through sharing our personal experiences living in recovery from mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
Public Health Resources:
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control: Responsible for public health and the environment in the U.S. state of South Carolina.