Tennessee State Mental Health Resources
Tennessee State Mental Health Fact Sheet: Developed by the Southeast MHTTC, this fact sheet provides an overview of the mental health services and landscape of Tennessee.
Mental Health Services:
- Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services: Creating collaborative pathways to resiliency, recovery, and independence for Tennesseans living with mental illness and substance use disorders.
Mental Health Initiatives:
- Be the One Suicide Prevention Campaign: Training initiative in Tennessee that provides suicide awareness and strategies for recognizing and responding to someone at risk.
- Creating Homes Initiative: Partner with local communities to educate, inform, and expand quality, safe, affordable, and permanent housing options for people with mental illness and co-occurring disorder.
Mental Health Associations:
- Mental Health America of East Tennessee: Provides early intervention, client services and peer support, and professional development/continuing education training for professionals.
- Mental Health America of the Mid-South: Connect the community with specialized mental health and wellness resources, provide services that improve the quality of life, and promote effective services where mental health needs exist.
- NAMI Tennessee: Improve the quality of life for individuals who live with mental illnesses and for their families by promoting the availability of effective services and resources, through education, support and advocacy.
- Tennessee Mental Health Consumers’ Association: Promote recovery and community through peer support, education, and advocacy for all mental health consumers in Tennessee.
- Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network: Statewide organization working tirelessly to eliminate the stigma of suicide.
Public Health Resources:
- Tennessee Department of Health: The primary agency of state government in Tennessee responsible for public health.