Join The Teaching Well and Camino Nuevo Charter Academy leadership as we bring together diverse school site roles to share ways they have collaborated to create healthy and sustainable school climate for students, teachers and staff. Learning directly from teachers, school site personnel, and school leaders, together we consider the possibilities of integrating wellness into whole school staff development, leadership approaches, collaborative conversations, and support spaces for both teachers and students. Participants hear firsthand accounts of the personal and professional benefits when school staff make wellness a central focus in their work plans, relational strategies, and overall school culture. This webinar uplifts the concept that whole school wellness is best as a multi-year collaborative and iterative process between all members of a campus community.
- Define personal sustainability in the context of schools
- Explore the relationship between personal sustainability and professional sustainability
- Learn how specific school site roles can lead sustainably
- Learn best practices and practical strategies for integrating a wellness focus into school culture
- Explore the links between school leader wellness, teacher wellness, and student outcomes
This webinar is most helpful for new and veteran teachers; administrators who seek to lead sustainably; and school site wellness staff such as social workers, inclusion specialists, counselors, and paraeducators or teachers on special assignment.
This is the third session in the Mental Health Literacy & Student Learning Outcomes webinar series.