Suicide Risk Assessment Part 2 is an interactive training targeted to Master's level and licensed mental health clinicians who provide counseling and/or assessment in a variety of settings. The training will highlight the importance of suicide risk assessment and demonstrate ways clinicians can recognize, assess, and intervene when working with at-risk clients.
By the end of the webinar participants will be able to:
- Describe and implement the components of effective suicide risk assessment;
- Discuss the elements of suicide risk assessment that have been determined to be "best practice;"
- Discuss key elements in completing an effective crisis and safety plan; and
- Identify appropriate agency, professional, clinical, and social resources to engage during a crisis or risk assessment.
Key take-home skills that participants can apply in their work:
- Participants will be knowledgeable about personal views of suicide and increase sensitivity towards suicidal ideation and suicidal behaviors;
- Participants will be able to complete crisis and safety planning for clients; and
- Participants will be able to complete the C-SSRS tool for evaluation.